Monday, March 31, 2008

Bass Confessional?

Hey all its Monday. This would be the day that I would do Bass Confessional.

However, there is a problem. I did not play bass, I played guitar for the first time in two years.


So for the first time in the history of my blog its

GUITAR CONFESSIONAL!!!!

This week was really cool because we had a pro surfer/producer/talker guy come in and preview his new movie. We only played 2 songs on Saturday night and a full set on sunday. We were really sketchy on Saturday night since there were a lot of brand new songs and our stupid in ear monitors were sucking. I some how ended up breaking Karl's input jack on his guitar (sorry Karl). On Sunday things started to go better until first service we played How Great is Our God. Our female vocalist wanted to change the song from its original practice key of G to the lower key of F. Ok no problem right? Well most of the songs this week were in G so Karl's pad/background noise is in G so the transition was: end of song in G > Fade out of pad in G > Tim's guitar playing How Great in F. This had the awesome effect of completely confusing the poor female vocalist on the key. Se then sang the song in G. Bill our bass player comes in on G and Karl comes in on F. So half of us played in G the other half played in F. Total awesomeness!

Other than that it went great. I had fun even though I was rusty. I hope Karl will let me do it again.

1 comment:

Karl said...

Once I can get an electric guitar(tele...???...hehe) for the church rig, it'd be awesome for you to play electric. You sounded great on acoustic, by the way.

(And sorry for the improv!)

Here it goes